Fakeaway – Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken.
Two chicken beasts
4-5 brown wholemeal bread slices
One tub of salt and pepper seasoning
One red/green pepper
Light soy sauce
FryLight 1 cal cooking spray
Two large eggs
- Using two chicken breast. Slice into small chucks of chicken and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 fan assisted.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Add half a tub of salt and pepper seasoning (I used jdseasoning) and mix in well with the beaten egg.
- Place the chicken chucks into the egg mix and side aside.
- Using 4-5 brown wholemeal bread. Blend into breadcrumbs. Place into a tray and add the rest of the salt and pepper seasoning. Mix well.
- With the maranated chicken. One by one, coat in the breadcrumbs.
- With a large baking try. Cover with foil and spray using FryLight 1 cal cooking spray or alternative.
- Place chicken on baking tray and spray more FryLight on top of the chicken pieces.
- Place into the bottom of the oven for 25-30 minutes. Turning chicken half way through.
To finish: slice red or green peppers into strips along with onion. fry in pan using Frylight until soft. Add 1/2 tbps of Light soy sauce and mix well. Add to the chicken once cooked.
I also used Mayflower Curry sauce on the side (optional)